1. Do I need to be nominated?
No. The International Beauty Industry Awards welcomes ALL Hair and Makeup Artisans of all levels, even non-pros from anywhere in the World.
View this post on Instagram
Excited for the New Year⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ This ones for the team. New image with my @ibi_beautyawards award for our work from Absolute Studio. Thank You!! Representing Kentucky!! Looking forward to new work this 2020.⠀ ⠀ Couldn’t have done this without my team @gennayussman @valenciamakeup for all your hard work. ⠀ And our gorgeous models @dakotabruton.model @chelsey.malm @ekaterina_estes_katya @jordanestepofficial ⠀ Photo image by @antonio_edward_absolute .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ #hairbymatt #gennayussman #valenciamakeup #ibiawards #beautyawards #hairawards #absolutestudio #fashionmodels #hairmodels #louisvillehairstylist #louisvillehair #kentuckyhair #kentuckyhair #kentuckyhairstylist #redkenbrandambassador #dreamteam #dreamscometrue #2020 #newyear #hairdresser
2. Do I need a huge following on social media or a YouTube Channel to enter?
No. How many followers you have is your business, in fact the judges will never know that information or factor it into their scoring of your entry at all. Having a YouTube Channel is also not relevant to our judging because you will be judged on your work only!
3. Will there be public voting to boost an entrant’s chances of winning?
No. The International Beauty Industry Awards are judged by our Judging Council, a group of experienced professionals who are passionate about the beauty industry and education!
4. Okay, so how do I enter?
- You’ll need to start by having clear pictures of your work. Take your pictures against a simple background with good lighting to help your work shine, this will help to remove any distractions like blurry focus or darkness.
- Head over to BeautyAwards.com and think about which category or categories might be the best fit for your work. You can see categories here: https://beautyawards.com/judging-categories/
- Fill out the entry form and include your submission fee. The 2020 awards will open in Augusut and the form will be available on the website then. We’ll send out reminders ahead of time, so put your name on the list and follow us @ibi_beautyawards.
5. Is there a live competition/tradeshow to attend?
No. You won’t have to pay for tickets, travel and accommodations to an event because The International Beauty Industry Awards are completed and judged entirely online using IBI’s innovative platform. There is an entry fee of $75 per entry. Each entry is for one single look only and you can include up to three images of your one look.
6. How are entries judged?
To give every entrant the fairest possible opportunity, the Independent Judging Council do not see any identifying information like names, professional backgrounds or country of origin. This means an amateur is judged on the exact same playing field as a pro.
Independent Judges from relevant industry backgrounds evaluate each submission on:
- Visual Success
- Technical Execution
- Creativity & Concept (Where applicable)
- Does the piece look award-winning?
7. What do I get if I win or become a finalist?
If you win, you’ll receive the incredible International Beauty Industry Awards Statuette designed by the same team behind the Emmy(R) and MTV Awards. Finalists receive a beautiful gold embossed certificate.
8. How/When do I find out if I was awarded a category or was awarded finalist in a category?
Winners and Finalists are notified by email so be sure to enter with a correct email address. While we’re on the subject, when entering, make sure you use the name you’d like on your Statuette/Certificate should you win.
9. How can I join the Independent Judging Council for The International Beauty Industry Awards?
We’re currently interviewing active, passionate industry members who are educators that give back to their community! Thank you for all you do.
If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com with the subject “Judging”. Please include your resume and a brief note on why you think you’d be a valuable addition to the Judging Council.